Ex-Librarian | Ongoing Chocoholic | Lifelong Cat Lady
The Early Years (1978 – 1986)
Annette has known she was a square peg in a round hole since an early ages. After growing up in a world of pink fluffy bunnies, velvety unicorns and chocolate swirls for several happy and somewhat uneventful years, the school nurse decided to trample all over this utopia and tell her she was too big for her age and needed to lose weight. She was eight years old.
The Middle Bit (Yes. It Was A Long Middle)
This event triggered a life-long interest in women’s well-being, self-image and confidence issues. Having taken a scenic career route via Chartered Librarian and Beautician, in 2011 Annette qualified as a Life Coach. Realising that many women struggle with issues around living up to others’ expectations and worrying about not being good enough, Annette decided to try and answer the perennial question of why we care so much about what other’s think by writing a book on the subject. The result was The Elephant in the Mirror.
Now. Ish (2017 – 2018)
Whilst proud of the book, Annette decided it was time to practise what she preached in all areas of her life and tackle her comfort eating and dieting demons once and for all. This led to the creation of the ‘The Stressless Wonder Challenge’ which will see her get healthy, happy, in shape and not give a fig (or any other kind of fruit for that matter) what other people think. The plan is to crack this before her 40th birthday.
- Annette won a beauty content at the grand age of 10 months old.
- Her proudest moment in her dubious career was persuading young people of all ages to join their local library.
- Annette published a peer-reviewed article in 2006 in the New Review of Children’s Literature & Librarianship titled: ‘What makes a child a reluctant reader?’
- Her favourite item of clothing is her dressing gown.
- Annette is left-handed for writing and right-handed for almost everything else
To fall asleep on a purring cheetah. Failing that, a friendly black cat would suffice.